Now that you have your own home deep fryer, you don’t need to wait until the county fair or carnival comes to town to get hand-dipped, crispy, golden corn dogs! Here is my go to recipe for perfect corn dogs made right at home.
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-16 oz high quality all-beef hot dogs
- 8 wooden skewers
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit . Insert wooden skewers into hot dogs.
- Pour the batter into a mason jar at least the height of the hot dogs. Dip the hot dogs in batter until evenly coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time, depending on fryer size, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Pat the hot dogs dry using paper towels.
Make sure to use cold milk and eggs in the recipe and refrigerate the batter for 5-10 minutes before dipping hot dogs.