Revive this old Christmas tradition, making deep fried Rosettes, this Christmas and delight your friends and family!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Powdered sugar
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Dip a rosette iron in deep fryer set at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 2 minutes.
- Let the excess oil drip from rosette iron. Dip in rosette batter to 1/8 inch from the top of the iron, then dip iron quickly into deep fryer oil.
- Deep fry rosette cookie until it’s golden brown, for 30 seconds or so. Lift rosette out and tip upside down to drain. Push rosette off the iron onto a rack with a fork place on paper towels to drain.
- Reheat the rosette iron for 1 minute, then repeat the process for the next cookie.
- Sprinkle finished rosettes with powdered sugar and enjoy!