This spicy chicken breast recipe is literally the best I’ve ever tried, thanks to it’s buttermilk bath and it’s balanced yet bold Southern spice blend. Try it on a high quality sandwich roll, hamburger bun or on it’s own for a spicy Cajun treat!
- 2 large chicken breast, split lengthwise
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 3-4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 oz buttermilk
- Oil for deep frying
- To halve the chicken breast, flatten it out on cutting board, hold knife parallel to the cutting board, and cut into two thin, flat pieces.
- Mix spices and flour in a medium size bowl or Pyrex dish.
- Pour buttermilk into another medium size bowl or Pyrex.
- Heat fryer oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip chicken breast pieces into buttermilk and then into flour mixture, making sure they are thoroughly coated.
- Fry breasts one or two at a time for 3-4 minutes each. You want to make sure the breasts have plenty of room to cook properly. Turn the breasts with tongs while frying to ensure even cooking.
- Allow to drain and cool for 2 minutes and serve on toasted roll or bun. I like mine with slaw and pickles.