This is a great recipe to multiply and make a bunch of for freezer storage. I’ll make a 100 or so and put them in the freezer. When I’m ready for them, I’ll pull a few out and thaw them for 30 minutes on the counter before frying them up. Just make sure to remove any excess ice crystals and moisture before cookings
- 12 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 oz package shredded cream cheese
- 1 piece of crispy fried bacon, chopped
- 12 oz jalapenos, seeded and halved
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Preheat your deep fryer to 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cheeses and bacon together and stuff them into the jalapeno halves.
- Put the milk and flour into separate bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapenos into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated. Let the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
- Place several in your fryer basket, making sure not to crowd them. Carefully lower the poppers into the hot oil for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels, be careful not to burn your mouth on the hot cheese on the inside.
- Enjoy the poppers!